CluePoints introduces a web-based Central Statistical Monitoring (CSM) SaaS solution
As you may have read on a few industry blogs, we recently launched a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution that can be implemented as part of a sponsor’s Risk-Based Monitoring (RBM) strategy. The web-based Central Statistical Monitoring (CSM) SaaS offering enables customers to control the upload of clinical data for assessment, visualize the findings and interact with analyses to make the understanding of results, comprehension of signals and identification of issues as intuitive as possible. For the first time, sponsors are able to support their RBM efforts and drive their own analyses using in-house staff or by providing their contract research organization (CRO) access to CluePoints’ system.
This web portal aims to put the sponsor in control so that they can run the analysis, set-up the SMART™ engine, construct and manage data within the system, select appropriate statistical tests and perform the complete CSM process independently and objectively. Continuous improvements will be brought to the software to meet clients’ needs.
The Game Plan
Launched in June 2014, the upgrade of CluePoints’ CSM software to a full SaaS solution afforded clients with the ability to:
• Set-up the engine themselves
• Construct and manage data dictionaries (study specific or therapeutic specific variable mapping, transpositions and derivations) within the system
• Select the appropriate statistical tests and thus perform the complete analytics process
The next major release, planned for Q4 2014, will support closer to real-time assessments of data and provide clients with the ability to:
• Access a collection of new visualizations that will enrich the existing findings content
• Provide an action follow-up/ tracking system module that will allow users to document and track any action taken based on reported findings
• Export results into machine-readable format allowing clients to use them in external systems
Although we are enhancing our web application, we will continue to support clients through a traditional Service offering format as well. For clients who wish to utilize the SaaS solution, CluePoints provides on-call support as needed.