Kick-Ass Backend Developer
CluePoints is a cutting-edge, technology focused solution and service provider. Out unique high-value web platform helps pharmaceutical organizations to improve the quality and the integrity of their clinical trials.
We are a young and fast-growing startup. In order to boost our team (currently 30 people), we are looking for a full time Backend Developer to join our staff located at our offices adjacent to Louvain-La-Neuve (Belgium).
At CluePoints we love witty and creative people with an open mind, an eagerness to listen and a proactive attitude to learn! We are all very busy so when we hire someone… we are expecting from our new teammate to be on top of his/her game all the time and that he/she asks for help when he/she needs assistance. But please don’t worry: we love sharing our experience, pooling information and answering all kinds of questions.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- A challenging and rewarding job in an ambitious startup
- Work for a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary and international team
- Competitive salary
- Geek & Startup atmosphere
- Want to work sometimes from home or work different hours? We can work something out!
- Flat hierarchy
- We offer some perks: free drinks, cookies, fruits, etc…
What You Will Be Doing
- Imagine, architect, develop, test and iterate on new features
- Refactoring and code review
- Interact closely with the team members: Product owner, Developers, DevOps…
- Propose technological evolution to make our architecture even more scalable and modern
What You Need for this Position
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science/Engineering
- Maximum 3 years of professional experience
- A strong background in OOP in at least one of the following language: Python, Java, C# or C++ but with a crush on Python
- Good knowledge of development best practices (testing, design patterns, etc)
- Experience with web-frameworks (Pyramid, Django or equivalent)
- Rigor and autonomy
- Being curious about new technologies (languages, frameworks, etc)
- Experience in implementing SAAS/Cloud based solutions is a big plus
- Experience interfacing with databases (SQL and/or NoSQL)
- Understanding API structures and REST architecture.
- Experience in IT infrastructure (multi-processing, load balancing, queuing) is a plus
- Experience in software networking (ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, Websockets) is a plus
- Experience with continuous integration is a plus
- Good in at least one of the following: Street Fighter, FIFA, Kicker (foosball) or Darts
- A constant desire to improve, to learn more and take things to the next level!
So if you have a good mix of those skills, then you might be the team member we are looking for!
Don’t have all the required experience? Perhaps you’re in the process of obtaining your degree, but have a keen interest in this area? Contact us!
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oh, and by the way, we don’t need a cover letter!
Our technical stack
- Methodology: Agile (scrum) team
- Infra: Ubuntu, MacOS, RedHat, CentOS, Apache
- Database: MySQL / MongoDB
- Other: Git, Atlassian suite (BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo)
- Backend: Python, Pyramid, Flask, SQLAlchemy, MongoEngine, ZeroMQ, Celery
- Frontend: JS, Angular, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
- Deployment: Ansible, Fabric